[] [] [] [] []
Ten thousand words swarm around my head
Ten million more in books written beneath my bed
I wrote or read them all when searchin’ in the swarms
Still can’t find out how to hold my hands
And I know you need me in the next room over
But I am stuck in here all paralyzed
For months I got myself in ruts
Too much time spent in mirrors framed in yellow walls
Ain’t it like most people? I’m no different
We love to talk on things we don’t know about
Ain’t it like most people? I’m no different
We love to talk on things we don’t know about
And everyone around me shakes their head in disbelief
And says I’m too caught up
They say young is good and old is fine
And truth is cool but all that matters
Is that you have your good times
But their good times come with prices
And I can’t believe it when I hear the jokes they make
At anyone’s expense except their own
Would they laugh if they knew who paid?
Ain’t it like most people? I’m no different
We love to talk on things we don’t know about
Ain’t it like most people? I’m no different
We love to talk on things we don’t know about
And after we are through ten years
of making it to be the most of glorious debuts
I’ll come back home without my things
‘Cause the clothes I wore out there I will not wear ’round you
And they’ll be quick to point out our shortcomings
And how the experts all have had their doubts
Ain’t it like most people? I’m no different
We love to talk on things we don’t know about
[] [] [] [] []
The Avett Brother's album, I and Love and You, has been playing on repeat for the last few days. I could not recommend it more.
[] [] [] [] []
3 comments:
hey lil, you've been posting prolifically as of late. the only avett bros album i have is "second gleam" (was a promo on amzn for $0.99). i like it alright. like this line, too: "would they laugh if they knew who paid?"
Yeah, a lot of revelations last few weeks, my mind is getting too full to keep it all in there.
something about this album is sticking with me, I'm enjoying pretty much every song.
I also just got introduced to Mumford & Sons today, have you heard them?
never heard of M&S, looks good. i'll check 'em out.
Post a Comment