Sunday, March 6, 2011

so what now

[] [] [ the past ] [] []




[] [] [] [] []

what's that word, for what the amish do? i was going to use it for a song, but it's an ugly sounding word. that. that's all that was. R something. you were just doing that. now you're back to you.

[] [] [] [] []

Rumspringa (also Rumschpringe or Rumshpringa -- derived from the "Deitsch" (Amish dialect of German) term for 'running around'. -- generally refers to a period of adolescence for members of the Amish religious denomination - a subsect of the Anabaptist Christian movement - that begins around the age of sixteen and ends when a youth chooses baptism within the Amish church or instead leaves the community.

[] [] [] [] []

It is both a blessing and a curse to be known yet loved, in spite of that knowledge.

a blessing because they tell you want you need to hear.

a curse because they tell you what you don't want to hear.


[] [] [ the present ] [] []




[] [] [] [] []

Think about how we feel when we see someone we love ravaged by unwise actions and relationships. Do we respond with benign tolerance as we might toward strangers? Far from it…Anger isn’t the opposite of love. Hate is, and the final form of hate is indifference. God’s wrath is not a cranky explosion, but his settled opposition to the cancer which is eating out the insides of the human race he loves with his whole being. [Becky.Pippert]

[] [] [] [] []

Formerly, when you did not know God, you were enslaved to those that by nature are not gods. But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how can you turn back again to the weak and worthless elementary principles of the world, whose slaves you want to be once more? You observe days and months and seasons and years! I am afraid I may have labored over you in vain.

...

What then has become of the blessing you felt? For I testify to you that, if possible, you would have gouged out your eyes and given them to me. Have I then become your enemy by telling you the truth? They make much of you, but for no good purpose. They want to shut you out, that you may make much of them.

...

I wish I could be present with you now and change my tone, for I am perplexed about you. [galatians 4:8-20]

[] [] [] [] []

It is both a blessing and a curse to know yet love, in spite of that knowledge.

a blessing because they receive you for what they need to hear.

a curse because they reject you for what they don't want to hear.

[] [] [] [] []

Oh, I think you’re lost to me
Just a stranger I will never see

I drove away
And I walked out that door
But you had left us long before

...

It’s not about the things I wanted then
I’ve come to see that I couldn’t have used them
All the same it’s true that even now
I’d like to talk to you somehow

...

In the dimness of those last days bloom
While I was packing up the spare bedroom
You came and offered me a solemn word
About a voice you’d often heard

It was a moment when I saw inside
A little break from all that stoic pride
Do I think now that this would ring a bell?
You know I couldn’t even tell you

Oh my friend you’re lost to me
Another stranger I will never see


[] [] [ the future ] [] []




[] [] [] [] []

walk in love.

God will fulfill your needs.

and reshape your wants.

just walk in love.

[] [] [] [] []

No comments: