Wednesday, November 25, 2009

so what do we do?

[] [] [] [] []

[Andrew] There's a handful of normal kid things I kind of missed.

[Sam] There's a handful of normal kid things I kind of wish I'd missed.

[] [] [] [] []

[Andrew] You know that point in your life
when you realize the house you grew up in...
isn't really your home anymore?
All of a sudden,
even though you have some place where you put your shit...
that idea of home is gone.

[Sam] I still feel at home in my house.

[Andrew] You'll see one day when you move out.
Just sorta happens one day, and it's gone.
You feel like you can never get it back.

It's like you feel homesick for a place that doesn't even exist.
Maybe it's like this rite of passage, you know?
You won't ever have that feeling again
until you create a new idea of home for yourself.

You know, for...For your kids.
For the family you start.

It's like a cycle or something.

I don't know. But I miss the idea of it, you know?

Maybe that's all family really is.
A group of people that miss the same imaginary place.

[Sam] Maybe.

[] [] [] [] []

good luck exploring the infinite abyss.

[garden.state]

No comments: